Your Weekend Project
As Doctor Moms, we’re often so busy focusing on our child that we forget to take care of ourself. Seriously. When is the last time you took a few minutes for Y-O-U?
Today is the day to change that! Every weekend, try to do something—anything— to take a little extra care of yourself. I find it’s much easier to do this on a weekend when your spouse is around to help.
(Unless your husband is uninvolved in the care of your child. That’s another story. But it happens and I’ll write about it on another day. I know many moms need encouragement in this area.)
On to a few ideas to take care of yourself:
- Call a friend.
- Take a nap (my favorite!)
- Window Shop.
- Flip through magazines at your bookstore or library.
- Have your nails done. If you’re watching your pennies, take the time to do them yourself.
- Curl up with a good book—that’s not related to your child’s illness! (Another favorite for me.)
- Light candles to make your house smell yummy.
- Go for a walk. Alone.
- Put on some great music!
- Crochet or knit. (If you don’t know how, maybe it’s time to learn. I got a little book and taught myself in one day. Seriously!)
- Look through old photos.
- Read through the psalms. You’ll find lots of encouragement there!
- Play the piano!
It doesn’t matter what you do—JUST DO SOMETHING! Take time to care for yourself.
Your child’s health depends on you and you’re too important to neglect!
QUESTION: What will you do to relax this weekend?