Daily Doctor Mom Secret #6
Secret #6: Get enough sleep!
I know you’ve heard this a thousand times, but are you doing it?
YOU NEED TO SLEEP.
For some Doctor Moms, this is a HUGE challenge because medical concerns rarely disappear overnight.
But sleep is non-negotiable.
As a Doctor Mom, you won’t make wise decisions for your child unless you are fully rested.
Here are a couple tips:
- Limit your caffeine in the afternoon.
- Cut it out completely at night.
- Exercise most days.
- Eat right. (When I eat healthier, I sleep so much better!)
- Go to bed 15 minutes earlier.
- Take a nap whenever possible. If you are a working mom, make this a top priority on your days off.
- Most importantly, DO NOT FEEL GUILTY.
In order to be successful Doctor Moms, we need to get enough sleep. Pray and ask God to show you ways where you can get more rest. He is ready and willing to help you be successful in this role!
When you lie down, you will not be afraid; when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet. Proverbs 3:24 NIV
I’d love to hear your tips on this.